Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Department of Labor

Deceased Claimants

You can request claim information for a UI claimant who has died by writing to:

New York State Department of Labor
P.O. Box 15130
Albany, NY 12212

The letter should include:

  • Your name, address and phone number,
  • Your relation to the deceased,
  • The deceased's name and Social Security number,
  • What information you need, and
  • A copy of the death certificate.

Q. How do I request the release of money still in the debit card account of a deceased claimant?

A. If you are the executor or administrator of the claimant's estate, you must contact Key Bank directly. Call KeyBank Customer Service at: (866) 295-2955.

Customer Service will tell you have to submit the request. 

Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.