Be a life-long learner! Continuous learning helps you gain the knowledge and skills you need as a career advisor and a member of the workforce development community. The field of career advisement is always changing, so it is important to keep up with the current methods and techniques. Professional advancement can help you be more effective with customers, as you help them to find meaningful employment.
There are many types of professional advancement including:
- Classroom instruction
- Professional Conferences
- Reading professional journals, etc.
Whatever your learning needs, there are many opportunities available.
- Career Development Facilitator Training Program - A Career Development Facilitator (CDF) works in a career development setting. They use career development information and skills in their work with students, adults, clients, employees, or the public. The CDF credential is designed for non-professional counselors.
- Global Career Development Facilitator Credential - This is a national credential. To earn it, you must have completed an approved CDF training program. You must also meet specific educational and experience requirements.
- New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals
- National Association of State Workforce Agencies
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals
- National Career Development Association
- International Association of Workforce Professionals
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.