Alternative Measures of Unemployment
- Overview of Alternative Measures of Unemployment and Labor Underutilization
- General discussion of alternative measures of unemployment and labor underutilization (U-1 through U-6), based on Current Population Survey data. Various alternative measures include those individuals marginally attached to the workforce, discouraged workers, and those employed part-time due to economic reasons.
- Alternative Measures of Unemployment and Labor Underutilization: State and U.S. Data
- Annual average data from 2003-2012 (U-1 through U-6) for all 50 states and the nation. All data are from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Measures of Labor Underutilization, New York - 2012
- Press release from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics discussing data trends in 2012.
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.