Harriman, NY (July 20, 2012) -
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union #363, JATC will conduct a recruitment from August 6, 2012 through May 10, 2013 for 15 electrician apprentices, State Labor Commissioner Peter M. Rivera announced today
Applications can be obtained at the Local Union #363, 67 Commerce Drive South, NY, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during the first full business week of the following months during the recruitment period: August 2012 (August 6 thru August 10), November 2012 (November 5 thru November 9), February 2013 (February 4 thru February 8) and May 2013 (May 6 thru May 10). Applicants must apply in person.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D, and must have completed and passed one year of algebra.
- Must be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a physician, to be paid by IBEW Local Union # 363 Health Plan, and attest to the following requirements.
- Must be physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform the work of this trade; must be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles or towers of various heights; must be able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces; must be able to work in weather extremes, perform lifting and standing, and have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license and be able to report to different job sites within the geographical jurisdiction.
- Must be able to get to and from work at various job sites anywhere within the geographical area that this apprenticeship program covers.
- Must be able and willing to attend all related classroom training as required to complete this apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be able to hear and understand verbal instruction and warnings given in English.
- Must provide copy of birth certificate and Social Security card at the time of job offer.
- Must be residents of the territorial jurisdiction of Local Union # 63:
- Counties of Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan and Dutchess
- Parts of Delaware County - those portions of Colchester and Hanacock townships south of the East Branch of the Delaware River, and Andes, Harpersfield, Kortright, Stamford, Bovina, Roxbury, Middletown townships.
- Parts of Greene County - that portion south of a line following the south limits of the City of Catskill in a westerly direction from the Hudson River to Highway 23A along 23A to the road following the little West Kill and continuing along this road to Delaware County.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office located or Local Union #363 at (845) 783-3500.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.